When you use Rideon.ng, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
With respect to this, RideOn Company has built a strict data protection policy and data safety system. carefully read through to understand what you share and how safe we keep them.
1. PERSONAL DATA TO PROCESS
- Name, Phone no, Email Address, Gender
- Location of the passenger, the time and destination of a journey.
- Payment information
- Information that may relate to disputes
- Identification data of the device on which the RideOn app has been installed.
- To create jobs/empowerment
- To help connect passengers with drivers, thereby making it easy to move from place to another.
- To enable efficient communication between the driver and the passenger.
- Location data may be used to resolve issues relating to transportation services. The collection of location data terminates immediately RideOn app is closed.
- Data on routes will be collected in order to make suggestions for any efficient route to drivers and other passengers.
- Name, phone no and email is used to communicate with passengers/customers.
- Payment details are obtained in order to process passengers payment on behalf of the drivers for transportation services.
- Customer support data may be collected when needed and stored for the purpose of resolving disputes and service quality issues.
- Legal basis for the collection and processing of data is to provide the service contracted with the passengers. Once the RideOn app is installed and used RideOn collects the passengers data and the passenger is deemed to have agreed to the processing of identification and location data. It is also collected for the purpose of detecting and investigating fraudulent payments.
- RideOn receives the personal data of passengers and discloses same to only drivers who has registered and activated RideOn app. In this circumstance, the driver shall have access to the name, phone no and location of the passenger.
- Even after the driver had rendered the transportation service, the passengers data will remain visible or accessible to him for some hours. This would enable the drivers resolve any issue that may have arisen in the course of service. Eg loss of property.
- Passengers personal data may also be disclosed to the RideOn group of companies and partners.
- Personal Data of passengers are collected and transferred to and stored in the data centers of Ride-On global concept (Company) located in Office 35, 33 Abakaliki Road G.R.A Enugu, Enugu State. Only authorized employees of RideOn Companies shall have access to such for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the services.
- Geographical location data here is accessed only when it is necessary to link RideOn to a passenger for purposes of resolving disputes or fraud.
- Geographical location may also be used in an anonymous manner for purposes of research and scientific study.
-Customers shall have access and may update their personal data from time to time.
- Personal data will be stored provided you have an active passenger account. Once your account is closed personal data will be deleted (according to the policies set out in this section) from all databases, unless such data is necessary to be retained for accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes.
- Financial data in relation to their service rendered to passengers will be stored for 10 years after last journey.
- Data required for accounting purposes will be stored for a minimum of 10 years after the last journey.
- Where in any event, there are reasons to suspect that a criminal offence, fraud or false information has been provided by a passenger/user (as the case may be) his data will be stored for 15 years.
- Journey history data will be stored for 10 Years, after which the data will be converted to anonymous mode.
- It is important to note that the uninstallation of the app in your device does not cause the deletion of your personal data.
- Where RideOn app has not been used for at least 6 Months, RideOn will at first instance notify you and ask you to confirm whether your account is still active.
If no response is received, the account will be closed and personal data will be deleted unless it is necessary to be stored for purposes of accounting, fraud prevention or dispute resolution.
- In any event, you request to delete your personal data, your account shall automatically be deleted and the result will be that you cannot use RideOn app via an account.
-We may use your email address or phone no to notify you of any marketing message. If you have given us permission to do so via RideOn app.
- In any event you do not wish to receive such messages, you may unsubscribe by using the link in the footes of our email or in the profile section of RideOn app.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved through customer support (firstname.lastname@example.org) unit or by contacting RideOn Data protection officer.
9. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Rideon collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- For customer support
- For Security and Monitoring during Rides
- To enable communications to or between users and drivers
- In connection with legal proceedings
Rideon will never sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
RideOn Company shall be in control of personal data of Drivers and has appointed Ride-On Global Concept Located at 33/35 Abakaliki Road, G.R.A, Enugu to manage same.
- PERSONAL DATA
- Name, E-mail, Phone no, place of residence,
- Geo location of drivers and driving routes
- Vehicle particulars
- Driver’s efficiency and ratings.
- Driver’s licence, photo, profession and identity documents
- Data about previous criminal convictions and offence, if any.
:: Financial data of services provided will not be regarded as personal data.
It is mandatory that location and driving routes be processed to analyze the geographical areas and offer suggestions to drivers. In event you do not wish to disclose location, you must close RideOn app or indicate in the app that you are offline and currently not providing transportation services.
- The above mentioned personal data of drivers are processed to determine the compliance with the legal requirements and the suitability of pursuing a profession as a driver.
- RideOn app shall display the driver’s photo, name and vehicle details for the passengers to identify driver and vehicle when called upon.
- Summaries of driver’s efficiency and ratings shall also be provided for in the app for purposes of rendering a reliable and quality service.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING DRIVERS DATA
- To access the drivers performance of the contract.
- To investigate, detect fraudulent payments in order to protect customer’s legitimate interest.
- Data regarding criminal convictions and offence is processed for compliance with the obligations as required by the law.
- Drivers personal, Data shall be disclosed to passengers whose order you have accepted. Passengers will be able to view drivers personal data on the app and receipt.
SECURITY AND ACCESS
- All personal data collected in the course of providing services will be transferred to and stored in the data centres of RideOn which is located at office 35, 33 Abakaliki Road, G.R.A, Enugu.
- Only authorized employees of RideOn group of companies and partners shall have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the services.
- RideOn shall also have access to personal data to the extent necessary to provide customer support.
- Drivers shall not without permission from RideOn process the personal data of passengers, contact any passenger or collect, record, store, grant, access, use or cross-use the personal data provided by the passengers or accessible them via the RideOn app for reasons other than for the fulfilling the transportation services.
- Drivers must comply with the rules and conditions for processing the personal data of passengers as required and set down in the privacy notice for passengers.
- Failure of any registered driver to adhere to the stipulated requirements for processing passengers personal data may lead us to terminate your drivers account and claim damages.
ACCESS/CORRECTION/RETENTION/DELETION AND DATA PORTABILITY
- Drivers personal data can be viewed and corrected in RideOn Driver’s app.
- Drivers personal data will be stored for the period for which his account remain active and if in any event you desire that it be closed, RideOn shall do so four years its closure.
- All data’s necessary for purposes of keeping accounts shall be stored for 10 years.
- Where there is an allegation of criminal offence fraud or false information any driver, his data shall be stored for as long as he remains undischarged of such allegations.
- In event of dispute and or claims against any driver the driver’s data shall be retained until the claim satisfied or such claim is dismissed by the authority.
- Request by any driver free from any claim/dispute to delete and transfer of data shall be attended not later than one month by e-mail upon submission.
- Disputes relating to processing of personal data shall be resolved via customer support or RideOn protection officer (website).
- RideOn Data protection inspectorate shall be the supervisory authority and may be contacted by e-mail.